Learn advanced .NET programming techniques by getting an insiders' look at a complete application!
The developers who created SharpDevelop give you an inside track on application development with a guided tour of the source code
for SharpDevelop. They will show you the most important code features and explain how you can use these techniques in your own
projects. You will gain valuable experience of building an application on this scale, learning from the decisions, mistakes,
problems and solutions that lead to the current version on SharpDevelop.
The SharpDevelop team will show you how to:
- Build a highly modular application
- Provide a flexible, extendable, customizable user interface
- Manage the efforts of translators for efficient internationalization
- Represent and manipulate text efficiently
- Code search and replace functionality
- Construct reusable controls
- Implement a parser to provide syntax highlighting and auto-completion as users type
- Use reflection to access information about .NET classes
- Create a Windows Forms designer
- Generate code programmatically
As Wrox press is no more, publishing rights to the book 'Dissecting a
C# Application: Inside SharpDevelop' have been bought by Apress.
Together with Apress, we have made the book available in digital form for free. The PDF file and
the accompanying source code are available
for download here: Download@Apress
The errata for this edition are still available in our old
From the SharpDevelop Team
In addition to the free availability of the entire book, there is also the so-called "lost chapter" available online
for free download:
- Chapter 18: Language Bindings (Download).
We wish you a pleasant read!